View Single Post
Old 20 July 2013, 20:45   #16
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
If they sell the cards, they should provide the parts needed to make them work properly and support their customers properly... If I break something or still cannot make it work that's another issue entirely.
You should read all replies to your posts, not just the last. I pointed out above why this may be impracticable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
The matter of timing fixes is more tricky than you imagine, especially to achieve good compatibility with Individual Computers' new high-performance ACA series of accelerator cards.

I suspect the main reason AmigaKit would rather you have them carry out your timing fixes is because in some cases it's possible that the documented fix may not work with a particular combination of motherboard and accelerator, so that a bespoke solution would be necessary. When this happens, the extra work involved will be included in the price, no doubt.
Individual Computers ACA series accelerators have been designed to achieve maximum possible performance, which is why they are so sensitive to timing issues.

Page generated in 0.04687 seconds with 11 queries