View Single Post
Old 17 July 2013, 07:56   #14
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yes, you are right, I came to this assumption (always a bad thing) because I could not get it to work on AmiKIT even though it works on my AfA WB. Both use akPNG and the one big obvious difference was that AmiKIT used DOpus 5... But I should have tested it further before jumping to conclusions, I have just installed WarpPNG on AmiKIT and it is working. So it seems that akPNG does not work in some conditions. (I did switch the variable to Alpha=GOOD).

Apologies to Source for any confusion. Based on the problems I have found with akPNG I would also recommend WarpPNG (WarpDT).
I think that both AK and Warp datatypes support the alpha channel. The major problem is that the super class, picture.datatype, does not preserve it. That's why it works on AfA, but not on 3.x.

Maybe that WarpDT converts the alpha channel into a mask (each pixel either fully transparent or fully opaque, no partial transparency). This should work with any picture.datatype, but does not give the full quality if alpha is supported (i.e. with AfA).

Page generated in 0.04205 seconds with 11 queries