View Single Post
Old 13 July 2013, 13:39   #25
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I think viscous might be a bit extreme... :-)
Please do not drift away from main topic as seem that my previous reply was seen as hate mail on Jeri.

Quote:
Several, although not a high percentage of people working with electronics, that is true.

I've had the opposite experience. The women in electronics I've met were VERY into electronics. They had to work quite hard to get where they were, and generally you don't do that if it's boring to you..
So i don't have such experience - all known electronics engineers that working in this profession are guys - i know a few formally educated woman's that are electronics engineers but they not work as electronics engineers and this was my point. I strongly believe that there is NO difference between woman and male brain and i don't see electronics as reserved for males - this is why i like person as Jeri - she is ambassador of electronic amongst people showing that if you like it you can do it.

Quote:
I agree.. Good thing she's pretty responsible.. ;-)
I know that we live in times where people don't care but i disagree with you - two examples - watch how many people watching YT on Jeri and on responsible (but perhaps bit boring) education material:

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
or
[ Show youtube player ]

less than 100 views for correct and good material vs over 13000 watches for nice material full of blinking waveforms and lights.

Quote:
Wasn't searching.. I just pointed out some interesting statements you made, that's all.
You pointed some interpretations but this is your right and i must accept this even if i disagree.

Quote:
Jeri has done much more than just the Amiga vid you've watched almost frame by frame (to which I take my hat off to you. I haven't watched any of her many vids that closely... ).
Some of us know of her ability from not just a specific project, but for the breadth of her projects.
Ok, good for You, this topic was dedicated to very enthusiastic opinion about almost finished AmigaDTV and as i understand doing some kick fund to reopen project. I just doubted about how far it was advanced based on video that all.

Quote:
Yes, although you mentioned genius, which was why I brought it up.
I think that word gets thrown around way too much personally...
Don't get me wrong but perhaps for next generation, genius will be guy that finish more than 3 levels of Mario... http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of...er-mario-bros/

Quote:
As I've said before, I think Jeri has some mad skillz.. ;-)
I think there are people in the Amiga community with mad skillz.
I think that's great for electronics and for retro fans...
Fine for me

Quote:
And I'm sure they are all pretty in their own way. ;-)
desiv
Kill me - i like girls - and brain (luckily to people like me) is not visible, boobies are - my fault - sorry for being such male chauvinistic pig.

Page generated in 0.10865 seconds with 9 queries