View Single Post
Old 12 July 2013, 11:47   #16
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
IMHO you should cool down - at first there is few projects with Amiga emulation on a chip - MINIMIG for example (or Jens Clone-A).

I've watched this movie many times some time ago and i must say after this i doubt that she was even close to emulate Amiga chips - look at her development board - around 60 perhaps slightly more lines connected to Amiga board - perhaps enough to emulate Agnus but where is Denise and Paula?, where is Gary and CIA's?
Probably she started some things around Amiga but that's all.

Perhaps im wrong but knowing how frequently she misname circuits/techniques (e.g. DDS vs Wavetable, PWM vs Delta-Sigma) i don't believe in this movie.
Also seem that Commodore lost documentation to Amiga chipset (thus it can be quite strange that someone give her lost plans) but proto Amiga was made on PAL's and TTL's so those plans look like hand draw fusemap's in PAL's so perhaps they are real.
Anyway im with huge reserve to her claims...
You sir are wrong, and a bit of a wally if you don't think Jeri Ellsworth was either telling the truth or capable of doing this to 100% completion whilst being funded by the C64DTV makers(I think it was their project). You do realise she pretty much invented the C64DTV, the most complex of 20$ system in a joystick emulators ever made. So if my friend Jeri says she was working on it as a follow up project to the C64DTV joystick then you should weep into your tesco value meal for one mate at the loss.

Minimig is OK but WTF would I want an Amiga 500 or 1200 FPGA board that costs almost as much as an Amiga 4000/030 on ebay? Why? If Mike would get venture capital and make 10,000 at once to drop the price to something beyond the minority obscurity type thing that would be great.

Getting the Amiga into an ASIC based system on a chip and inside a $30 joystick would have been amazing for our community. She added CPU burst modes and 256 colour modes to the C64 still keeping the system compatible on those parts of the emulation....just think what she could have done for Amiga....chunky mode/converter? Dual Paula (4 channels is shit sorry, Commodore dropped the ball on that on AGA) or even triple speed 68k burst mode.

She's a true genius and yet has been so unlucky in companies she has ended up working with. A true waste of talent sitting there when stuff like the C64DTV/AmigaDTV should still be on shop shelves NOW.
Page generated in 0.05559 seconds with 9 queries