View Single Post
Old 30 June 2013, 11:42   #62
I do wonder, to be honest, if you only come here to say "Atari ST is better than Amiga, ner ner".
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
He sounds like that in any of his posts in this very thread.
I ask simple question and get answer from few users (thanx!) but pandy71 is the one who insist that "you can not compare F030 and A1200", start talking about "tricks how to open border", "thing you need to emulate from Amiga on ST"... and post some pictures in post #14

from my point of view, he start defending (?) Amiga from every aspect, just to prove obvious thing (one that all we already know): that Amiga hardware is superrior to ST.
and thats brings us here.

my bad is that I continue to answer to him but since he obviously have knowledge, why not continue even offtopic.

anyway, I should disclosure my agenda.

(english is not my frist, not even second language so please have some apprehension )

my final goal is to made website where you could compare Amiga and Atari (and some Macs) computers with PC through achievements in time. it will include birth of today mainstream software (CuBase, Lightwave, 3D Max, Logic, Office...), and live demonstration what you could do with Amigas and Atari back in 80s... and what with PC.

to comapre them and to show how PC manage to slow down computer industries!

Douglas Adams describe this problem in one sentence:
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he, by peddling second rate technology, led them into it in the first place, and continues to do so today."

back on (off)topic:
Mrs Beanbag thanx for answering, did not know that Amiga has 4 DACs!
Plain ST support mass storage with 3.5MB/s transfer ?
yes, very interesting finding.
Atari ST have external ASCI port for almost 2MB/s. Why ASCI? In 1985. SCSI was not finished (specification was not finalize). Atari anyway built in ASCI which is very similar to final SCSI but it is not 100% compatible. Atari produced CD-ROMs, harddisks and laser printer for it (Atari SLM laser printer was the first "windows" printer - printer that has no CPU or memory).

3.5MB/s on ST?
Mr. Petari made adapter for CF Card that is connected throug ROM port (cartridge). ROM port has all MC68000 adres and data signals but it lack two signals that are important for hispeed writings. you can read more on:

btw pandy71 do you have some links regarding "noiseshaping"?
Page generated in 0.05590 seconds with 9 queries