View Single Post
Old 23 June 2013, 23:30   #24
kovacm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Plain A1200 is without FastRAM, memory speed limitations are similar or even worse than on Falcon,
...from start I am talking about A1200 with Fast RAM.

"are best Amiga 1200 demos with most complex 3D scenes BUT for STOCK A1200 (14MHz - with FastRAM)." link

Quote:
DSP have different architecture thus even with 8 bit port can provide 16MIPS in terms dot product, vector transformations etc etc - data exchange probably is slower thus efficient 56000 use - push heavy calculations with relatively low data exchange rate will anyway add more to system than FastRAM with 68030/50MHz to A1200 thus they can't be compared unless you think about comparison not flame.
this is exactly why I ask what are best 3D demos on A1200 with FastRAM: I wan to see what coders manage to pull from both machines!

Quote:
What new topic? tricks how to open border? 16 color LUT? 320x200? i mean sorry but just calculate how much time is wasted on ST to simulate Copper.
How many thing you need to emulate from Amiga on ST - and this is maximum for ST - be reasonable - i like ST too but...
hm... why you are talking about "How many thing you need to emulate from Amiga on ST" when your original replay was about 3D:

Quote:
If you really want compare 3D graphics, compare or plain Amiga 500/600 with ST
I replay to this: "we can open new topic but I think that ST is faster with 10% faster CPU and interleave video memory (and movem.l)..." and I was talking about 3D speed!

so I do not understand why did you post bunch of pictures... ?!?

Quote:

Page generated in 0.05364 seconds with 9 queries