View Single Post
Old 17 June 2013, 20:36   #2888
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dorathea/AT
Posts: 371
What is "regular" alcohol? Ethanol? Denatured alcohol (Ethanol + Methanol)? Wood Alcohol (Methanol)? Rubbing Alcohol is an old name for 70% Isopropanol isn't it?

Because of its use in medicine, Isopropanol (IsoPrOH) is cheap; it comes in two versions, 70% and 90%. The other 30 or 10% is water which does cause oxidation (rust/corrosion) and does conduct electricity. I only use 90% and let it completely dry (evaporate) before applying current to anything.
Cymru is offline  
Page generated in 0.03886 seconds with 10 queries