View Single Post
Old 14 August 2001, 12:30   #4
MethodGit

Question @Codetapper

Quote:
Originally posted by Codetapper
However, most of those demos have full games already patched and it's just more work to support a single level demo in most cases. So why bother? Unless it's a special track (ATR Xmas) or an unreleased game (Putty Squad) then it's pointless imho...
I know that there are some coverdisks which claim to have exclusive levels (like The One's Alien Breed 2 demo). If you like I can filter these ones out of the others and point them out in a list later on if you want.

Quote:
- Giddy 1 and 2 are already WHDLoad installed by Kyzer.
Umm, could you direct me to the site which has these patches then, since they are not on the WHDLoad page and they're not on any of the WHD members' spinoff sites (Action, Whirlpool, etc.)?

Quote:
- Sonic Boom installed years ago by Bored Seal.
Okay, I HIGHLY apologise for failing to notice this before, in fact I noticed the patch shortly after I posted that first message! Yes, I can admit I did bad in THIS part of the topic. How dumbass of me...

Quote:
- All Dizzy games are already HD afaik.
No, you see, Dizzy's Excellent Adventures was the other Dizzy compilation alongside, um, the "Dizzy Collection". Whereas the Dizzy Collection has both JST and WHD patches, Excellent Advs only has a JST patch, and I was wondering whether you lot thought it was worth WHDizing. Most other Dizzy WHD installs are for single games, btw. (Although I'd love to be able to obtain seperate versions of Dizzy Panic, Prince Of The Yolkfolk, Seymour Goes To Hollywood (okay this ain't a Dizzy game, but he was largely compared to Dizzy back then, and I bet some people even mistook him for the popular eggy hero back then ), and others from someone since I can't find those versions anywhere on the net!).

Quote:
I am slowly working on the Bandit Mania games, I have registered versions of them (ie. they don't crap out after 5 mins play or whatever). But they are low priority atm.
Just thought I'd say that the full version was released for free on BTTR and other sites anyhow. Unless you mean that your properly registered version from its non-freeware days is different in any way to the ex-commercial version on those Amiga sites, is it?

Quote:
California Games I have got "semi" working but it crashes all over the place in some events and corrupt graphics. Nowhere near releasable. I don't know if I will ever bother to finish it as it has wasted hours of time with no reward. I assume Cal 2 will be the same.
Well, have you tried using the KickROM emulation idea? Jeff and Bored Seal use it regularly, and it appears to make compatibility of several old games a lot more tolerable. And I think you should try your hand at Cal 2 first and see what you get out of that, besides considering that Cal 1 was released somewhere in the late 80's and Cal 2 was released in 1991/92, I reckon you'll end up with better results. Don't most 80's Amiga games have several compatibility problems anyway?

Quote:
Super Tennis Champs is too O/S friendly so that's another difficult one. Same as Bubble and Squeak.
I have been trying to work out what people mean by a game being too "O/S friendly". Perhaps you'd care to explain the term to me, 'Tapper?

Quote:
Marz: Tell me again why you don't learn assembler yourself and patch some demos? Demos are easier than games usually as the loaders are very basic. You could at least help out the WHDLoad guys by making icons, making up documentation from LSD docs disks (ie. reformatting so it's readable) rather than just demanding others do all the work and send you games all the time. I am sure there are plenty of things the WHDLoad guys want done which are boring tasks to them (after all why should the coders time be wasted on boring tasks when any schmuck with time on their hands could do it?).
Are you kidding??!! Considering that I haven't even learnt BASIC language to the extreme, there's a big chance that I'm going to be utterly HOPELESS at trying to understand assembler now, am I right? Even my sister, who's a 19-year old university student and a bigger computer literate than I am, was totally baffled and stuffed by said programming language. I bet you could handle it though since you must have taken other programming courses before that, and besides, doesn't it take nearly a whole DECADE to finally learn the ins and outs, every nook and cranny of assembler???

Page generated in 0.10343 seconds with 9 queries