View Single Post
Old 02 June 2013, 15:50   #44
n00w
Retired 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
I don't think so, if we are talking about horizontal/vertical scrolling games. I (and many here too as i noticed) hate Amiga 25 (or less) FPS games. Even if some are really good like most Bitmap brothers games, it's not 100% joy to play them.
That's true for Amiga and any most recent platforms. Back in the time you could only compare Spectrum/C64/CPC versions between them or to older platforms, and it was better playing 25 fps games than older versions which were worse, sometimes even with 8 px scrolls.

Quote:
Should be good enough for single screen games. But they even sucked in porting e.g. Bubble Bobble. Also the nice looking fan remake shows an awful sprite flicker.
Haven't seen it on Amstrad. I already had an Amiga when it came out.

Quote:
Zombi was quite OK but surely no classic like the complete Bard's Tale series or Wasteland on the C64. Les Passagers du Vent? More like a digital comic, very boring. Will have a look at Fer et Flamme.
Don't forget that Zombi was out in 1986 on Amstrad CPC so it's truly a classic. Do you really think that if Bard's Tale would have been released four years later (in 1989 instead of 1985) with the same features it would have been a classic? Not sure... Also Wasteland was initially made for Apple II, and was not a C64 game franchise, but I agree that it didn't exist on Amstrad.

As action/adventure game - not graphic/text, Get Dexter (Ere Informatique's Crafton & Xunk, in French) was also a classic released in 1986 for the CPC. The first was ported to ST in 1987 and the second released in 1988 was never ported to any other platforms.

Les Passagers du Vent? I agree with you, but it had good graphics.

Last edited by n00w; 02 June 2013 at 15:56. Reason: Get Dexter

Page generated in 0.05012 seconds with 9 queries