Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2013, 18:09   #464
st-th
Bad Taste Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I use the amberworld tool (from sourceforge) because it allows to see the files insides the archive. And then when i check, you can't imagine how much texts have "00 00 00 00, number of texts blocks". the 2 16 bits words '0000' must be cleaned otherwise you're going for troubles.
If it's the tool I think of, it cannot cope with odd-sized chunks in the .amb files. I don't know if there are supposed to be odd-sized chunks in there (i.e. if they are allowed, most likely not), but I know the English version DOES have those (the German version doesn't IIRC).

Quote:
i will test this with my save game as soon as i can. It's illogical to have empty strings in the middle of the text.
It's also kinda weird to have text coloring only on the forest moon, yet Thalion did that.

Quote:
The only special markers used by the parser are :

^
^^
~RUN1~
~NORM~
~LEAD~
~SELF~
^^ has no special meaning, it's just two ^ in a row

There's also "~INK ##~" for text coloring, "$" for non-breaking space, "~SEX1~" to produce "his" or "her" depending on gender, "~SEX2~" to produce "he" or "she" depending on gender, "~CAST~" for the name of the current spellcaster and "~SUBJ~" which is used when another person is involved for some actions. Most of these only appear in the main executable though.

Page generated in 0.06162 seconds with 9 queries