View Single Post
Old 14 May 2013, 04:26   #33
fishyfish
Banned

Sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread, but this is actually something I was wondering about as well, so rather than start a new poll I thought Id ask a few questions more in-line with what I wouldve asked in my own poll/thread.

As some of you are aware Im constantly tinkering away on doing something amiga related. My main interests are in creating original software, but I always struggle to complete a ful game. Not that I dont have the kowledge/skill required, but for other factors. Because of this Ive finished a lot more ports than original software.

As for the afore mentioned factors they can be tricky at times.

Now this is purely my perspective, but it goes a little something like:

Despite their "retro" label the 68k amigas are still capable of creating games that "mainstream" gamers wouldnt shun for their retro nature. Given even a moderately upgraded machine ('020 upwards plus fastram) and the right game selection and a "classic" amiga can still create a good version of some of the bread and butter game styles mobile devices, sbox live, psn, etc. thrive on.
This however takes time and at least a few dedicated people. Now bare in mind Im thinking from a perspective that I dont want a "pd style" game (even if there's some good ones), but rather modern production values, good graphics/animation, good sound/music, etc. In short something a person would expect from an amiga game in the current day. To get these dedicated people onboard however can require a few incentives (ie. I cant afford to pay too much out myself, so it'd be good to make a little back).

Yes Im aware that the amiga is completely outclassed today, and doesnt have a lot of wow factor compared to what people are used to today, but as I said if a person chooses wisely a pleasant enough looking/sounding game if more than possible.

I know pricing s a factor for people, but I cant say exactly what yet. It's come down to costs of packaging, box, etc. I would try to make it as close to $20 as possible though and offer a cheap downloadable copy. Hypothetical for now of course though.

Now that I got that out of the way, my poll wouldve gone a little something like:

Would You Pay For a New Commercial Quality 68k Amiga Game?

Yes, if it's a good game.

Yes, if it's good and matches my tastes.

Maybe, but only if it's system friendly so I can run it on OS4/MOS/Amithlon.

Maybe. I'd wait until I heard feedback of finished game and then decide.

Probably not. Im happy with all the freely downloadable amiga games, but if it's cheap I still may.

No.

Anyway, like I said, sorry for the thread hijacking. If people could answer the original question, but also consider my questions in their responses Id appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.06881 seconds with 11 queries