Thread: Ambermoon
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2013, 08:00   #440
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I applaud the work you're doing. I'm sure many people appreciate your efforts. (Or will do)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
i met in the 3map_texts.amb container, files which have 11 text blocks declared, when only 10 are inside ! you bet the game engine hates this
Have you checked the German 3map_texts.amb to see if there is either another text block or 10 declared? The last part is a guess?

Quote:
any crap thing like '20,00,20,1A,5D,79' is a typo and hence must me corrected by '20,00,20', the '1A,5D,79' bytes are useless and not used by the parser, and prompt to corrupt the text parser which while being easy to understand, doesn't bear any errors.
Mistake probably. Correctable yes. Cause a fatal error? The text parser could skip these extra bytes while looking for the next 20,00,20?

Quote:
example : the 0,0 coordinates crash due to the missing text block in the container 1Map_texts.amb related to the whirlwind.
This is not about 3Map_texts.amb is it ?

Quote:
the dwarfs part of the game is riddled withthose typos, errors, wrong text block number, and so on, there is even the |END ... crap you found like in the spider text from the beginning of the game. logically, if those typos were a problem in the beginning of the game, why wouldn't they crash the game later ?
Perhaps because they are never used? Or they are subtly different?

Quote:
To continue about the dwarfs part, which is huge, the texts are gigantic to translate, and so far, no players have really played the game in detail because i have discovered text lines or paragraph which would have never been displayed in the english release, or cause corruption in memory.
Pretty sure I did.

To prove this is real we'll try and do what you asked. Find a specific txt block which should cause a crash, I'll use the netsrak cheat to get to that point in very fast time and we'll test them.

Page generated in 0.05281 seconds with 9 queries