View Single Post
Old 02 May 2013, 15:50   #2
DH
Global Moderator

As I said in my pm, you are not the only one that this happens too. For security I doubt this will change, but I suppose it's still worth discussing

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mention that you're not the only one this happens too in one of my PM's, must have slipped my mind with all the pm's I was receiving at the time

In open threads you will be able to delete any attachments you like, but this only applies to closed threads, where I already mentioned to you, a GM is the only way forward, or a mod of that particular forum. This is not a temporary solution unfortunately, it's probably going to be the only way

My PM explaining the reasons below:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH
If a thread is closed because it has gone beyond its usefullness but contains useful attachments (ie, instructions etc with images), the attachments are there to stay.

Also, it prevents someone from destroying threads or making them impossible to follow. That's why we have a limited time for editing posts, to stop destruction.

same applies with closed threads, if we were to allow users to delete attachments in closed threads, then they too could destroy a thread without realising what they have done, or maliciously destroy it because of a disagreement.

Think of it like a bit of security, that's why you need to ask a GM. Hope this explains it
I also mentioned, that before you request a GM to close a thread, you should make sure you have removed all the attachments first. This is easy for the 'For Sale' threads, as those images are only worthwhile for when the item hasn't been sold, after that, they are worthless.

Last edited by DH; 02 May 2013 at 16:21.

Page generated in 0.04832 seconds with 11 queries