View Single Post
Old 01 May 2013, 19:47   #89
Originally Posted by JaYgRp View Post
Don't ask me why i can just report what i see. I've edited my previous post cause with and without oxy was inverted.
Perhaps the Apollo 68060.library does not patch the utility.library. Try using this patch without oxy:

Let us know if UtilPatch provides a similar (or better) speed than oxy.

Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Yes it is compiled for 060 + FPU but the Amiga compilers are not very good and sometimes insert 020 FPU instructions.
That is true but I didn't see any. Not even a FSIN or FCOS. It would take heavy use of trapped instructions to move the fps needle as we have observed.

I will test myself with CyberPatcher.
You can use CyberSnooper to detect trapped instructions. You will need Sushi or similar to see the debugging output.

Tried both CyberPatcher and OxyPatcher 3.14, neither one had any effect on the FPS? Not sure what's going on, maybe I screwed up the install or maybe it conflicts with BlizKick?
Or maybe his utility.library functions don't get patched like your 68060.library does. Do you use ThoR's mu 68060.library? It patches the utility.library with similar code to UtilPatch (UtilPatch becomes unnecessary).

HSMATHLIBS certainly seemed to make it much more responsive for me, even though the didn't have much of an effect on FPS.
That is possible. This version of GCC calls the IEEE fp libraries instead of using a few trapped FPU instructions like earlier versions.
Page generated in 0.17863 seconds with 9 queries