View Single Post
Old 29 April 2013, 08:54   #119
68k wisdom
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Might all be true but you probably have a very lightweight system, imagine people with a system full of patches/eye candy etc. pp., then that difference would be much higher than 1%. You could say that people should not run too many things in the background when they want to play games and I would agree, however, once I kill the system I do not have to care about that anymore. I do have other problems though (e.g. RTG support is gone) so neither solution is perfect.
Right, some people are running so many things in the background that they nearly deserve their games to run slow

Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Do you use system-friendly interrupts (AddIntServer) or do you bang VBR+$6c directly? If it's the latter, how do you acknowledge the interrupt? 040/060 systems need either 2 writes to $dff09c or one more custom chip access after the write to $dff09c to acknowledge the interrupt properly, if you don't do that your interrupt code won't work correctly on fast 040/060 systems.
I'm using AddIntServer. I avoid direct hardware accesses when I can.

Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post

Version 2 running for 5 hours with no lockups!!!

Ran version 1 for 6 hours and it has not locked up!...

What did you do to it to fix it with these two versions and which version is better to run?
Well, version 1 in theory can still freeze and apparently someone indeed got a freeze. Confirmed or not ?

Version 2 is an ugly hack and misses some sounds, but can't freeze (normally ).

That said, i've made a newer version and re-uploaded the whole archive to my site (use the original url I gave to grab this).
I hope the problem is gone by now...
Page generated in 0.05544 seconds with 9 queries