Thread: I'm getting old
View Single Post
Old 23 April 2013, 00:01   #10
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBrown View Post
They tend to get bored really quickly when I start talking about Amigas and Vic-64s and stuff.
Tsk. How rude. Don't know there born half of 'em.

I'm fortunate to had been there near enough from the beginning of home computers (Sinclair ZX81) and still play ZX Spectrum (and others) using emulators. It is pretty damn amazing how far we've come in terms of technology and I like to do comparisons (for example: Outrun - different ports and versions over the years right up to Outrun 2006). For me, the original classic games hold the most nostalgia and fondest memories and some of today's "remakes" tend to lose that feeling in transition.

Then again, it could really be that I'm getting old - too many of today's games call for too many buttons and it takes me forever to remember what does what. What's wrong with up/down/left/right and fire, eh? Like it used to be with the ol' Competition Pro Joystick.

Anyhow. Enough of my ramblings (could turn it into a bedtime story - get my kids of to sleep quicker!) and I hope you get all the help you need from EAB to set yourself up for Amiga gaming heaven.

Page generated in 0.08921 seconds with 9 queries