View Single Post
Old 18 January 2003, 13:16   #20
Korodny
Zone Friend

Quote:
I don't want to run it on a TV......i want to run it on an SVGA monitor......so i will need 15 to 23 pins adapter ? scandoubler ?

Is the scandoubler just for games or do i need this for workbench resolutions as well........
Workbench and all newer applications (practically everything released/updated after 1995) will support the gfx card, while most games (everything older than 1998) won't. For games, Protracker (or other, retro-orientated stuff) Dpaint and Scala you'll still need to have a monitor connected to your native Amiga video output (the 23 pin connctor).

As most gfx cards (at least the cheaper ones) don't have a passthrough for your original Amiga video display, you'll either need to use two monitors, or a scandoubler (because modern monitors won't be able to display native Amiga screen modes) and a monitor switcher (to switch between gfx card display and native Amiga display).

Beware though: 320x200 on a modern SVGA monitor looks ugly. On a blurry TV, it still looks good, but the "sharp" display of a monitor reveals the low resolution brutally. You might not like the result...

Page generated in 0.09659 seconds with 11 queries