View Single Post
Old 15 April 2013, 00:08   #11
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, it's difficult to give an exact minimum spec (and it also depends a bit on how hard the Amiga hardware is pushed, I suppose). I can only refer to my own experience...

I have an old Acer Aspire One (with an Intel Atom CPU). That one is barely fast enough to run A500 games at more or less 50 fps, but only on lowest accuracy level, and with some other tuning (no video sync, 16-bit video, etc). See http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/performance for more info. With an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2 Ghz, A500 and most A1200 games will run @50Hz on highest accuracy level.

I do not know how well your system would run FS-UAE. We cannot simply compare CPU Hz these days :-/

But FS-UAE should not "hang" if the system is too slow. By the sound of it, it seems like you don't get any Amiga display at all? Can you confirm that? Is your screen only black? (Can you see the gray color transitions while kickstart is booting / running the self test?).

You should post FS-UAE.log.txt. There may be some interesting info about your GPU and/or OpenGL driver...

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 15 April 2013 at 00:14.

Page generated in 0.06566 seconds with 9 queries