View Single Post
Old 12 April 2013, 19:54   #13
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Originally Posted by Akira View Post
What does me releasing demos have to do with anything?
You claim to know why the Amiga demoscene is "oh so dead" without being a real part of it. And complaining about something is easy but it does not lead to a more active scene.

I'm not even a coder, just graphician and musician. Of course you can disagree with my opinion (as usual), but that last thing has nothing to do with what I said.
It has because you speak for any active Amiga demo coder so I would expect that you have at least created one demo on the machine you're dissing here (accelerated 680x0) so you know how much work it is to create demos for these limited machines (yes, also an 68060 A4000 has quite a few limitations which are not always easy to bypass!).
Which is why I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion, yes.

I also am well aware that Britelite (not my "hero",
That's why you're bootlicking him every time he's posting something here, but yeah, he sure is not your hero.

is completely irrelevant to why I think locking down to stock hardware could be beneficial (limitations as triggers of creativity, plus everyone works on the same hardware and compete on the same line and try to push the same boundaries further and further).
You seem to forget that it's not the 90s anymore. While I truly love 68000 OCS demos I also enjoy good 680x0 demos. Without the latter the Amiga scene would be even smaller and if that would be a good thing you can decide for yourself.
Page generated in 0.05438 seconds with 9 queries