View Single Post
Old 07 April 2013, 21:43   #6
nineoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Yep, this is what I wanted to know. And it's correct. Note that if you change the IP address of the Amiga, you have to change it in all these places, too.

In the other thread you said that the range goes from 1 to 253 which leaves nothing for the Amiga. It does not matter if you reduce the upper bound or increase the lower bound. I just thought that it's easier to change the upper boundary because then you don't need to change the Amiga's address.

That's exactly my goal. But as (according to your other thread) there is no address left outside the range, you first have to change the range.

I don't know if AmiTCP has a configuration GUI. Anyhow, you can change the IP address with a text editor in the provider.conf file in the db directory. But you have to restart AmiTCP (or the Amiga) after the change. Be sure to keep backup copies of the files before you change them.
The latest:

Changed the upper IP Address range on the router to 192.168.1.120, as per your suggestion, and the situation deteriorated. Could not access the
Amiga from either of the PC's. Had to reset the router to the original settings to restore access to the Amiga.

Think I will have to leave this situation alone until I can get a tech over here to have a look, unless you have any further suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.

Page generated in 0.04805 seconds with 9 queries