View Single Post
Old 30 March 2013, 13:49   #1
StuntCarRacer

Question Help me get emulators set up! (on older PC)

Two months ago I still had a modern PC with huge hard drive and all current versions of emulators (& roms etc) for my favorite systems (Amiga, C64, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, MAME) set up, then the computer was destroyed. I'm really poor and now the best PC I've got is a Pentium 4 mobile 1.8GHz / 768MB / Radeon 7500 / Win XP laptop with a small hard drive. Luckily I've got most my favourite disk/disc etc images on external HD but I need emulators and since this computer isn't very fast etc, I wanted to ask your help, which emulators and versions to get (& maybe settings to use) to get all the great oldies running at proper speeds?

I mostly miss Amiga, Genesis, MAME and C64. I'm pretty sure I'll use WinUAE like I've in the past but should I get the newest version or would some old version run faster? I'm gonna mostly play A500 OCS games. As for the other emulators (except MAME), I don't even have a favourite emulator, which emus (& versions) would you suggest for this PC?

Help me get back to retrogaming. Sucks that my health's been declining, haven't had a proper sleep in ages and got some serious side-effects from all the medication, feel like I lack half a brain :| I used to be good at googling and setting stuff up myself, finding my own way but now I feel like I need somebody to help me with everything...oh well, atleast I'm still alive - and hopefully gaming soon

PS. Hope this is the right place for the post. I'm not really a newbie but feel like it in my current situation and state. No clue what emus to get to...

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05115 seconds with 9 queries