View Single Post
Old 29 March 2013, 03:19   #29
nineoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
A first look over the config didn't show any reason why the Amiga should not respond to a ping.

Perhaps the configured gateway is wrong. What is the IP address of your router? The config says it is 192.168.1.254.

And the IP address of the Amiga is configured as 192.168.1.125. Perhaps it is duplicate? I suppose that the Amiga is the only computer with a fixed IP address. All others probably use DHCP.

Does the router's manual say anything about the range of IP addresses it uses for DHCP? My router uses 192.168.1.100 through 192.168.1.200. Therefore I use 192.168.1.1 through 192.168.1.99 for computers with fixed IP addresses.
The latest:

Do not have a full manual, just a quick setup guide that does not answer your question. Speaking with the ISP Tech Support, I have been informed that the router uses the range of 192.168.1.2, all the way up to 192.168.1.253.

He also informed me that the DNS server does not like fixed IP Addresses, and the Amiga should be set to automatic from hard code.

The Ethernet connection in the Amiga is bulit into the DKB Wildfire 060
card inside it. It was configured by the tech who installed it years ago, and at the moment I do not know how to check or change that setting.

If you have the patience to walk me through the procedure, I would be happy to do so. Failing that I can do some research on my own to determine the procedure.

What I find interesting, not knowing much about the way the computers communicate with each other is that if I access the interface for the router, the Amiga shows up in the list of connected machines, the Amiga can access the net, it can Ping the other computers, can connect to the Main PC via Explorer, but cannot receive a Ping or connect to the second PC via Explorer.

Do you find this odd or not?

Page generated in 0.04929 seconds with 9 queries