View Single Post
Old 11 March 2013, 10:07   #734

Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
I don't understand why dJos says "agitating for a better product" really????
Where are the other products???
What Jens is doing for the comunity i don't see anywhere else.
Is earning money ??? Sure he is and i think he should for his amazing work, and, come on, 79,90 for a 500 acelerator???? Can someone do better ????

I'm all ears..

Come on guys, peace....
As many others hav pointed out, 2mb is not enuf to allow whdload to pre-cache disk images.

I think overall the product is shaping up much better than I expected but the tiny amount of ram is a show stopper for me personally.

It's quite possible to match everything Jens is providing in the aca500 except the 14mhz 68k via other methods and get 8mb ram in the process without spending a fortune. Yes it requires more HW skills (eg ide68k requires soldering 2 wires) so those solutions won't pass a GF test but all up $120aud would get you a very nice a500.

I'd actually like to support Jens by buying the aca500 (have the aca1220 for my a1200) but am very disappointed with the low ram - I don't think we should have to have to spend another $100 on top of the $90 for the aca500 to make it a worthwhile purchase - it should be a complete product in its own right IMO.
Page generated in 0.06195 seconds with 9 queries