View Single Post
Old 03 March 2013, 12:49   #662
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
one more question if you will,is there an a500 or revision of 500/+ this card is known to not work with,or undocumented in any way.
i cant really see this being the case,but i'll ask anyway.
There are indeed lots of different A500 versions: Not just different mainboards, but also different chipset combinations. So far, I have only tested with PAL-clocked Amigas (28.37516MHz base clock) and four different motherboard revisions. However, if you take into account that there are two Gary versions and four different Agnus versions, all possibly installed on a PAL or an NTSC board (which is clocked at 28.63636MHz), you get to 64 permutations that must be tested. Not all 64 permutations make sense (for example old Agnus versions don't work on Rev.8 and new 8375 Agnus does not work on non-Rev-8), but I still have quite some testing ahead of me.

Ultimately, I don't expect too much difference between all the boards and chipsets. The one thing I won't be able to test is 8372B-based 2M Chipram expansions, because I simply don't have one. This is where I'll need help from the community - I'll get to that when I'm confident enough to order the boards and start production.

Page generated in 0.05002 seconds with 9 queries