View Single Post
Old 17 February 2013, 21:06   #10
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroBlaster View Post
@Prowler

I won what appears to be these disks on ebay!
Well done, mate! Now maybe there's a chance to rescue these old utilities from oblivion.

Quote:
I spent the evening imaging everything that could be saved via my catweasel mk4 (Starting to hate the thing as the drivers are just plain terrible!) maybe its time to get a kryoflux!
A KryoFlux is nice to have for serious disk recovery work, but I like the Catweasel MK4 too. If you're not happy with the drivers, try the latest beta set from here. I find they work very well.

Quote:
I had to employ the usual tricks of tape cleaner fluid on ear buds to clean the magnetic media (mould spots etc)
I have a bunch that refused to read correctly so they will need to be eaten by my a1200. Maybe a spot of Xcopy and some new blanks will help.
Be very careful to avoid damaging your floppy drive(s) with those disks. I have lost two floppy drives due to disks afflicted with mould growth.

Quote:
The disk with Deluxe Paint v3.99 appears to have imaged perfectly and everything seems to work within winuae, a500 k1.3 etc. I can upload it to the zone if you wish
That's very good news, but I didn't actually request that disk image. I just volunteered to help make an image of it.

Quote:
Houdini Utils.adf with Deluxe Paint v3.99 uploaded to the zone guys
Thanks! Well, I guess I'll download it all the same.

Page generated in 0.04677 seconds with 11 queries