View Single Post
Old 04 February 2013, 02:40   #227
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
I read in Amiga World magazine of one program to edit and compile ANIM files with sound into executables, and was said there that it gives a big increase in the framerate. Its name was ClariSSA and can be found on Amiga Future website.

With programs like ADPro, ProControl, AnimWorkshop etc... I guess should be possible to create full motion videos with them and ClariSSA, following what that magazine said, but I never tried it.

What it does is compile the frames and sound of the animation into inline code that uses the blitter to draw every pixel of the animation. Like Photon said earlier, this was the biggest bottleneck for making full motion video on Amiga, and ClariSSA was said to overcome it at most animations with sound.

Since tdm started the development of the HV format, and it works well, would be good to him if he continue the project of the development of this file format, and maybe one day turn it into some ClariSSA of the 21th century or even into a file format competitor of AVI/MPG, maybe a "jit video format" executable for Amiga, thinking big.

PS. I am constrained to give this tip while everyone loves HV...
Actually, what I really want right now if possible write a GUI program either by amiblitz or whatever programming language and uses HAMAGA or HAMP as the internal engine. Then it comes out in WB window, you can resize the window, go full screen or whatever, and then like VLCPlayer GUI I can play movies, pause movies, rewind movies, forward movies, play movies in workbench screen and the movie screen resize based on the window, or go in full screen. The GUI program also is smart enough to figure out the hv file if it is AGA or not. If it is AGA and ran on a non-AGA classic Amiga it will prompt a message saying this video will only work on AGA Amiga system. In the full screen I can use the mouse to double click anywhere in the movie screen to return back to workbench screen and resize the window as it plays the movie..I click X button on the window to close the movie and so forth. This is what HAMP and HAMAGA is missing. This way...we have a VLC like player for classic Amiga without the need of AN RTG card or anything and can run on a 68030 Amiga and up.
Page generated in 0.06378 seconds with 9 queries