View Single Post
Old 31 January 2013, 01:24   #5
GameBase
James

Send a message via MSN to GameBase
Thanks for the replies.

There's green gunk on the ram card, yeah - see pic.

As for the HDD... I have one other A1200 power supply so will try that. I'm not too fussed about the current HDD as I'll probably be replacing it with a CF drive soon.

Re the screen - when you mention overscan - I take it this means the non-centered image is not the TV's fault? I don't recall this ever happening before (twas a long time ago mind ). Would the same issue appear if using a scart connection or connecting to an amiga monitor?

I like the sound of getting the caps replaced and any timing issues looked at. Is there a way I can test/tell the state of the current caps?

@Steve: Cheers for the offer... I don't come over that way very often, but could make an exception to get the miggy looked at and a nice CF HDD sorted - I'll bring the beer money of course . You ever down Folkestone way? I have a home-made arcade cab setup with gamebase 64 and gamebase Amiga on it (I'm the author of the GameBase frontend btw) along with mame of course. Be great to have a gaming session with someone into it - most my local mates couldn't care less about this stuff!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amiga-elbox-closeup.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	34102  

Page generated in 0.04975 seconds with 10 queries