View Single Post
Old 31 January 2013, 00:25   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Wow it's exactly the same setup as my A1200 I got out of the loft a few years ago with the Elbox 1200/8. Sadly whilst in storage the battery on my 1200/8 leaked and destroyed it

I can't see in your pic but check to see if any green gunk is on the surrounding components, this might be why you are showing 0 other Memory.

It could also be that the Ram chips or the card it's self need to be reseated, you could try that but first report back on the condition of the Ram card.

The next step would be to remove the battery and repair any damage but we'll cross that bridge if we have to.

As for the HDD, it's probably knackered or maybe your old PSU is too weak to drive that and the Ram board. I'm guessing you probably don't have another PSU to test it with.

Report back on the Ram board and we'll go from there, hopefully it can be restored and a new CF HDD installed to bring it up to date

About the screen you can use 'overscan' to fill the screen or a tool called border blank to blank out the border.

Steve.

edit:

Looking at the pic again in detail it looks like the battery has leaked, the jumper pins look green.

Do you ever come over to west Kent? I'm in Sevenoaks and would be happy to take a look at it if you're ever passing...

Page generated in 0.08061 seconds with 9 queries