View Single Post
Old 30 January 2013, 23:59   #1
GameBase
James

Send a message via MSN to GameBase
Trying to get my A1200 setup...

OK the dusty old A1200 had its power on today for the first time in gawd knows how many years... and it *kinda* worked.

I've discovered it's an A1200 with 3.1 Rom (v40.068). Workbench says its has 1,803,616 graphics mem, and 0 other mem.

I've got a few questions...

- It has a HD (see attached pic), but when switching the machine on, it just goes to the usual purple Insert Floppy screen. So my guess is either the HD is knackered, or do I need to do/press something to boot from it? The H.Disk power light is on.

- There is an ELBOX 1200/0-8 in the machine too (see pic)... but again I'm assuming this isn't working as Workbench (when loaded from floppy) shows 0 fast ram. It seemed to be installed snugly so maybe its just fooked.

- I don't have a SCART cable yet, so I've connected it up via RF cable directly into a 14" Sony Trinitron TV in order to test it. As you can see in the attached pic, the video output does not seem to be centered correctly, but instead slightly down and to the right. Where you see the mouse pointer - I can't move the mouse any more up/left from there. Loading some games also seemed to have this issue. I'm not sure if it would be the amiga, or the TV causing it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Should I persevere to get it 100% working, or does it sound like it's knackered and I should just try to buy a fully-working one from Amibay?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amiga-inside-2.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	508.9 KB
ID:	34099   Click image for larger version

Name:	amiga-trinitron.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	34100  
AdSense AdSense