View Single Post
Old 23 January 2013, 09:48   #107
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattig View Post
Wow. What's wrong with you?
Have you not understood what I explained ?

Quote:
I truly hope that you don't manage people in your day job. Why would anyone want help from someone like you? You're a total demotivator.
Personal attacks will lead you nowhere.

Quote:
Now it seems that you are an expert on porting ST games to the Amiga, so maybe a good thing to do would be to document these things on an Amiga coding wiki somewhere.
There is nothing specific to document. Every game is a special case. The best doc you can have, is an Atari ST programming book.

Quote:
As for the graphics rendering issues, surely it is possible to replace the Atari graphics routines with Amiga graphics routines? Find the software blitting routines in the ST codebase, and patch them to call your own blitting routines that make use of the Amiga hardware - even up to the point of having the graphics stored in an Amiga optimised format rather than an ST optimised format.
It really depends a lot on the game. Some graphics routines on the ST really are very complicated.

Quote:
As for the music, maybe the best option is to redo it as an Amiga .mod and integrate a mod player into the game code, and patch the game music player. Leave a channel free for sound effects.
Doing this requires to be a musician. Else you can just use chip emulation. Btw I'm still waiting for someone to convert HOMM2's midi files to mod, as i can't do that myself.

Quote:
Maybe this sounds complex, but people have ported 8-bit games between systems with the same CPU in this fashion, just keeping the core game engine intact.
This sounds more complex than it actually is, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
As long as Galahad doesn't see it as offensive I think you'd be amazed how well "I bet you can't do XXXX!" will motivate some coders
Exactly. This works on many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Dude, you have some problem.
"I don't care" is the answer to your question.
Why do you come back to add more ? I explained myself here. Perhaps YOU have something personal against me ? Or maybe you just want to troll ? If not, everything has been said already. No, i have no problem, unless you add more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
There are people doing stuff with the Amiga (like you) on their spare time and out of pure love for the platform. I would love stuff to get released but at the same time I have no right to bitch at any of them for never releasing it, cancelling it or just simply losing interest in said projects. That would be extremely hypocritical and also totally unfair and rude.
I just wanted to warn people who 100% believe that the game WILL be done, as I personnally believe it will not. It may or may not be done, but too high an expectation leads to deceived people. It was not meant as an attack against Galahad, and I think he has perfectly understood that. Now it's your time to do so.

Btw you can write "i believe you will not do it" in any of my project threads, i won't care. Believe what you want, no problem. So please stop blaming me on just writing my opinion here.

Page generated in 0.10145 seconds with 9 queries