View Single Post
Old 19 January 2013, 09:49   #90
68k wisdom
I said i had nothing to add, but people here apparently can't read and have added more...

Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I'd like to add that I have been working on a game and have not done much since November (Christmas, New Year, work commitments and family commitments).

I have been doing bits over the past few days, and if you gave me the grief you are giving Galahad I would probably not be inclined to finish the game anyway!

We do this in our own time, and the games are free for the community, we ask for nothing in return apart from maybe a thanks and some honest feedback.

If Galahad does not finish this then that is his prerogative, he doesn't have to answer to you or anyone else, it's not like you have financial interest here is it?

Let it go please and show some courtesy!
Yes you have started a game, but you did not open a thread here and raise expectations for something you're not sure you will ever finish.
When i did my game ports i did them BEFORE posting anything. Seems you're following the same road and there is nothing wrong here.

Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Sharing Leffmann's sentiments exactly. Internet is a messed up place and, Meynaf, believe it or not, some of us actually have a LIFE to live.
Also, you wouldn't dare to confront anyone like that in real life, I tell you.
Having a life is something, promising and not delivering is something else.

Do you really want that :
to happen again ?

He promised that port and never did it. Was the port too difficult ? Well, i know if it was or not, as I did it.

Funny that your signature reads He who insults the other in a discussion is the one who's wrong. I guess it's a clear case of "do as I say, not as I do"
Where do you see an insult ?

See what happens, Meynaf?
Yes i see. But please come back here in a few years, and we'll see if you still think the same.
Also please read that Super Sprint thread and tell me what you think of it. Looks a lot like this one doesn't it ? See what happened there at the end ?

Read Galahad's post above, he clearly expresses he has NOT ditched the project, he's just been lacking in time. Don't read Meynaf's posts which spread untrue libel.
Well, after some time, this thread will show who was right and who was not.

If he has not ditched the project and just lacks time, why not accepting some help like tomcat666 suggested ?
Ask Galahad, not me, as we had a few PMs about that and he didn't seem to be willing to get any help.

Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Meynaf has finished 3 ST to Amiga conversions, so I'd say there's nobody with more knowledge when it comes down to it. If the problem with it really is only a control problem, then Meynaf could probably help with it.

The only things Galahad has mentioned so far is a slow screen update and a control problem. So is it 90% complete? Or is it actually more like 10% complete and there's a flood of bugs and unpatched Atari ST code still to adapt? Galahad could clear this up by posting the demo or say what percentage the game is at.
This is exactly what i said earlier. Want me to STFU ? A demo is the best way to do so.

In addition, perhaps "pushing" Galahad this way, could help him find the motivation, who knows.

If it's just about slow screen update, or control problem, i know these and can help. They're not the tough part for me.
Page generated in 0.05972 seconds with 9 queries