View Single Post
Old 15 January 2013, 15:30   #2795
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
You'd hope so, yes. However, German post knows that you can put a lot of value into a padded envelope, and even if there's no duties on computer goods, they still make you pay VAT (19% in Germany) if you import something.

I just picked up the padded envelope from customs. Wow - that was a long journey: Shipped on november 28th, 2012! In your case, all declarations were correct, and even the "repair/customs" field was ticked. It was just that the customs guys missed the signature on that declaration (field is empty), so the declaration is void.

Let's hope the journey back is faster.

Oh, that's great news Jens. About the signature, that is my fault. I often forget to sign...

To be honest, most countries don't really care about the signature anyway: for example whenever I send stuff to the US it always goes through easily. But now that I know some care about it, I will have to keep it in mind, especially when I mail stuff to Europe.

Once you upgrade the rev. 1 ACA620, are there going to be any differences between rev. 1 and rev. 2 except for the hidden ram disk functionality?
Page generated in 0.04843 seconds with 9 queries