View Single Post
Old 09 January 2013, 18:57   #72
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Okies, mine is going very slow - I think maybe there's nothing wrong with your A600, just that 1mb isn't enough to load Classic Workbench or there might be something in the Startup Sequence holding it up.

I'm going to try disabling the components as I advised you before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post

I think the reason it is taking so long to load is A) PCMCIA is very slow and B) you're running low on Ram.

If you load up your Classic Workbench install in WinUAE, disable the extra components such as the dock bar this will save you some valuable memory:

Right Click on the Workbench Bar then Choose 'Workbench>Settings'

A menu will pop up, select 'components'

Click on each of them one at a time and disable them all except the two that relate to Icons.

Next Put Away all of the Icons on the Workbench except the actual Disk Partitions, Ram Icons and CLI/Run Icons.

Now try again with the CF in the A600, you might be surprised with that extra Memory you save you might A) Boot a lot faster and B) have enough free Ram to load TSGui (System>Programs)

TSGui like EasyADF can write ADF's back to Floppy Disk
You will need to do this in WinUAE since we can't boot fully into GAAE on the real Amiga.

I'll report back if it helps!

After a few minutes my A600 still isn't doing anything so at least we can replicate your issue

Page generated in 0.05765 seconds with 9 queries