View Single Post
Old 09 January 2013, 15:02   #480
Mr B
Originally Posted by Calabazam View Post
Yeah i did something that the cards were not designed for: i used them on an Amiga and i partitionned and formatted them with tools from 1985-1993.
So what your saying is that there is actually nothing wrong with the CF's but that they "stopped working" possibly as a result of erroneous config, or more likely, as a result of FFS crapping out? How to fix this more then likely needs it own thread, but there is nothing the Amiga does that kills the CF hardware, except the very small possibility of a hardware defect in the Amiga that would also kill a physical drive. I'm just guessing here, but it's more likely that you did something wrong, then that your CF / Amiga did it.

I'm not sure what makes you think CF's weren't designed for use as storage in embedded devices. This is one of the main reasons for including ATA specs in the design, just like the new CF standard includes sATA. CFA's stand on this is that CF's are aimed at the embedded market, they name networking routers and switches, factory automation control systems and medical devices as candidates, and i'm fairly certain they wouldn't object to our uses. Which as a nice bonus means nobody can deny you warranty based on that you used it in a Amiga.
Page generated in 0.05423 seconds with 9 queries