View Single Post
Old 02 January 2013, 23:49   #54
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
I don't agree that it's a hardware issue/limitation. Otherwise as above how would Sensible Soccer and Lemmings (and probably lots of other games) get around it?
Well I don't think there's anything to agree with here. i am not stating my opinion, I am stating a fact.
The games you mention are also off-center. Here's a screenshot of Sensible Soccer where I have measured the width of each border.

The screenshot was taken in double-size but the proportion would still the same if I didn't double the pixels. As you see, there are blank regions on the borders so this is a game that doesn't go fully overscan (do any of them do? I would doubt it). and the centering is right-bottom oriented. it's NOT dead center and it never is.

On the CD32 version of Sensi, the centering on my TV is to the LEFT actually! I think from all Amigas I had the CD32 has the strangest centering and in most cases it is nearest to dead-center than any others (the INSERT DISC screen of the CD32 is perfectly centered and occupies all the way to the side of the screen with no border arounds it)

Last edited by Akira; 02 January 2013 at 23:55.

Page generated in 0.04901 seconds with 9 queries