View Single Post
Old 12 December 2012, 12:58   #71
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
They look as they have a great deal of dithering which isn't good for my own taste.
I tried my best to make an 8 color MWB Birdie skin based on Rebel's already made skin for 16 colors but every result looked like crap.

Gradient effect would be nice Retrofan mate.

Thanks a lot Marios for commenting it. Really I searched for that dithering (if I understand the word right). It isn't a plain surface, it has to seem a brushed metal in the first and a real engraved gold in the second. For the second I used a Gold image of Google. Both have gradient of light-shadow to have some perspective, even the MetalBrush has a 3D effect just below the bar, with the contrast of shadow and the size of the crossings, they appear larger. It's true I haven't seen any theme with this kind of dithering (or wrought, that is what I understand), and that's exactly what I try to make with them: a gold and a plate frame with engraving. Ah, and also my photo isn't good enough (just look at the icons, you know they look much better).

What I don't like much is the bar of the golden inactive window, but I've tried several things and I believe it will stay as it is. BTW in that I used in the window a plain surface. Do you preffer it?

Edit: And please, Marios, if I'm not understanding you right, send me a PM so we can explain it better.

Edit: I've made another, "Black&Blue":

All the buttons from the Rebel's one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
I tried my best to make an 8 color MWB Birdie skin based on Rebel's already made skin for 16 colors but every result looked like crap.
Mfilos with 8 colors BlackChrome, MetalBrush and Black&Blue look right. I told you time ago that blue, grey and black are the best colors to search an 8 colors wallpaper, and they are the ones these skins use.
You know I don't like 8 colors, but this is how it is:

With MetalBrush:

The backdrop of the windows is also nice as you can see for 8 colors.

I upload the wallpaper if you like it, in 8 colors. It isn't rar but jpg, just rename it.

Edit:
I've been trying sounds for events, but this is just "for me"; I mean that it's very different from the original Amikit: [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Files
File Type: rar batman-arkham-city_8.rar (307.2 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 January 2013 at 00:10.

Page generated in 0.04494 seconds with 12 queries