View Single Post
Old 03 December 2012, 19:13   #24
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I have to somewhat disagree here since you make it sound like coding for/on 68060/AGA is incredibly simple
I don't think that can be taken from it. Now that you mention it, a lot of problems vanish when you code on or for AGA/060, I think you'd agree.

To clarify (for others, since you know all this): I was aiming for the sort of thing when you see (for example) a simple ray-traced animation on an A500 for reasons that just don't apply to AGA/060: work was put into remapping to 31 colors to make it look not like porridge, very nice music is playing at the same time, meaning perhaps that the musician had to optimize the song size skilfully, perhaps it trackloaded quickly, and you couldn't just INCBIN a bunch of files in the binary because there isn't room for the decrunch overlap. Even though the end result is grainy graphics with a few balls reflecting each other or something, it's appreciated because more work is needed to do even simple things. Take the active C64 scene as an example: I don't like those limitations and wouldn't like to code on it, but I do understand the appreciation coming from the limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
I for one like both, 68000 and 680x0 demos as they all have their very own charme. There should be more A500 demos though, that I agree with!
Sounds good to my ears

Page generated in 0.09309 seconds with 9 queries