View Single Post
Old 02 December 2012, 05:56   #1
Populous meet your Godus

Project GODUS a reinvention of a genre

I enjoyed the god game Populous, as one of the first games on my Amiga. Along side of Marble Madness, Lemmings, Battle Chess, Aargh!, The Bard's Tale, Defender of the Crown and my NewTek Demo, Populous was a staple.

Shameless plug follows.... the mind behind Populous, Dungeon Keeper and Black & White has proposed a multi-player multi-platform god game on Kickstarter right now. ...but time is ticking.

"GODUS is a delightful reinvention of the god game from 22cans and Peter Molyneux, who created the genre.

Launched: Nov 21, 2012
Funding ends: Dec 21, 2012

Itís an innovative reinvention of Populous, the original god game and delivers exciting global co-operation, competition, creation and destruction to a whole new generation..

Populous was created over 22 years ago, and we believe that to date, nothing has come close to emulating its powerfully godlike experience. Itís this experience we aim to reimagine. GODUS blends the power, growth and scope of Populous with the detailed construction and multiplayer excitement of Dungeon Keeper and the intuitive interface and technical innovation of Black & White. The original Populous hailed from the 8-bit era but GODUS will use the most modern technology the world has to offer.

And you can help us make it!"
If you're interested in a followup to those little red and blue walkers you might check out their Kickstarter project HERE.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05285 seconds with 9 queries