View Single Post
Old 23 November 2012, 21:59   #50
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Having used Android myself for a number of years now; you will find most of the common emulators available there with good performance and decent compatibility on Android 2.2 and upward.
You know it doesn't work like that. Someone is going to have to do the work to get the emus up to spec. Who will it be?

If I understand you, you reason something like: everyone has some kind of Android device. Those emulators are all right for making half of the games work if you fiddle a little, with frameskip 3, on various size screens where game graphics are covered with hard-to-hit virtual touch buttons. It crashes sometimes, but what the hey.

Well, that's good for someone who doesn't really care if their favorite games are playable on the go. But I can tell you buying the Archos (above) would be a big decision without knowing when those emulators become good. At least for those with more than casual interest in emulation.

Quote:
Regarding Pandora and Kickstarter, I'm not so sure that would work out well. It seems that team behind Pandora has burned a lot of good will and given itself a less than stellar reputation from people I've spoken to that own one.
Do you know how Kickstarter works, though?

It's just a suggestion, but I think it's a better option than the usual pre-order (for both parties) and I think this type of project would go through their screening procedure in a flash.

Last edited by prowler; 25 November 2012 at 22:48.

Page generated in 0.05223 seconds with 9 queries