View Single Post
Old 19 November 2012, 02:01   #1779

Thought I'd share my experiences with the latest core preview.

For the first time I'm able to get an image at all over DVI, so that's good. However, some graphical glitches appear on screen within 30-60 seconds from power-on. They are visible mainly on the right click menus. It happens on both PAL and NTSC screenmodes, interlaced and non-interlaced. Reboot and all is fine for another 30-60 seconds. A reflash of the (same) core also made the glitches go away briefly. These glitches are only visible through the Indivision, native video is fine. Tried another monitor aswell with the same result.

Also, I can't get the XTREME screenmode to work. What happens is the monitor acts like it did with all screenmodes on the previous cores; The little OSD box that tells me I'm on the digital/DVI input keeps flashing on and off (not the out of sync-message). The monitor is a ViewSonic VP191b (1280x1024, 60Hz recommended).

On a brighter note I must also say I'm completely blown away by the image quality! Far better than my Indivision AGA mkI, and the scanline emulation looks very nice IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glitch1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	33225   Click image for larger version

Name:	glitch2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	33226  
Page generated in 0.05257 seconds with 10 queries