View Single Post
Old 18 November 2012, 06:08   #2
k4lmp

On mine, after it finishes sending when you do the "type SER: to RAM:Setup" the Amiga should go back to a flashing prompt without having to do anything. This is when the XP machine completes sending. Then, at the prompt do the "RX RAM:Setup" and enter on the Amiga. You should get an ARexx output, and once again, when the XP machine finishes sending the setup file, the Amiga will go to a command prompt. At that point, copy the AExplorer file to your hard drive. Then, you need to right click on the icon, and make sure it is using serial.device, or whatever driver you are using. If you are using the built in serial port, I've found that artser.device works better, and is available on Aminet. Go to your serial preferences, and set them to 8N1, CTS/RTS, 4096 buffer size, and the baud rate to whatever you have Amiga Explorer set to on the XP machine. Also, go into your device manager on the XP machine and make sure all the settings are the same there, as well, on the com port you are using. Double click the AExplorer icon on the Amiga first, it will briefly show you the settings, then the window will close. Double click Amiga Explorer icon on the XP machine, and it should come up, and show all the directories and drives on the Amiga, if not, and you get a "can't read from COM port" or similar, check your settings on both machines again. Make sure you are using a good NULL modem cable.

One other note, I find that sometimes it works better to send the file to the RAM: drive from the XP machine, first, then copy it to the hard drive when doing regular file transfers. It just seems to work better for me that way.

As far as writing ADF files to a floppy, I use TransGUI. It is simple and works great. You just tell it the file you want, and whether you want to do an ADF to Disk, or vice versa. You can tell it to format the floppy on the fly while writing. Make sure to select the correct floppy drive that you have the blank inserted into, and near the bottom is a place to browse for your ADF file.

If I have forgotten something, or am wrong, someone please correct me. Hope this helps.

Jeff

Page generated in 0.06965 seconds with 9 queries