View Single Post
Old 05 November 2012, 16:12   #2673
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scu98rkr View Post
I have an Amiga 600 2D June Bug. It came with 37.299 Kickstart originally (Which I replaced as a kid but I still have the chip so sure). Apparently this combination should nt exist.
Anyhow I brought an ACA 620 I fitted it and it works. I havent tested it for long periods of time though.
I dont really get a few of the options. I havent downloaded ACA tool yet.
When I boot from my hardrive (waiting to get flash card running). It says I have ~2MB ~10MB fast.
When I boot from disk drive to PCMCIA card (to some kind of compact flash version of workbench) it says 2MB chip. 4MB fast and 6MB other RAM in the title bar.
I thought I needed to use ACA tune to get the other 6MB but I seem to have them off the bat.
Also can I use the options for ACA tune listed on here->
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1003
anyone any ideas of the best options for a ACA 620 ?
When you boot without ACAtune it should give you 5 MB fast mem (4MB 'normal' fast mem and 1MB at $c00000 like A500 ranger memory). The remaining 6.3 MB can be added using ACAtune (-maxmem option).

Start out with this commandline in startup-sequence:
dh0:c/acatune -maprom <kickfile> -maxmem >nil:

If I boot with a CF card in the PCMCIA bus using maprom it will mount it as 4 MB system memory which will show as 9 MB total fast mem before using ACAtune, but these last 4 MB are not valid memory, so maybe this is what you have? Try booting from IDE without anything in the PCMCIA slot.

Page generated in 0.04092 seconds with 10 queries