View Single Post
Old 27 October 2012, 22:49   #123
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Even if it works for you, both variants (also Asman's test) already failed on some Amigas, so I cannot rely on them. Maybe this POTGO pullup effect depends on good capacitors, and some Amigas have aged ones...?
I have a 3000T that would sometimes act like the left mouse button in port 1 was held down after using the lowlevel.library. The 3000T has exhibited no other capacitor like problems and the 3000/3000T, in my experience, seem to have less trouble with bad capacitors as some later models. I switched to the new lowlevel.library by Guido Mersmann and all the problems went away.

http://aminet.net/driver/input/NewLowLevel.lha

I have heard of a bug in the C= lowlevel.library with detecting device type. Maybe this is a problem on some Amigas? Maybe someone knows more details of this bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Attached is a very simple test program, which disables the OS like Sqrxz is doing and installs a VERTB interrupt routine to check the buttons. During initialization I will once set POTGO to $ff00.

All three buttons of the second port are checked, and the colors reg, green, blue will be displayed on the screen, while the double-buffered main program constantly clears the bitmap and draws a line.

You can leave the test with the left mouse button (first port).
Does that work or fail for anybody?
I tested with a CD32 pad which displays a red stripe on the screen with the red button and a green stripe with the blue button. No other CD32 button does anything which is correct behavior as far as I know. Your test would be less confusing if the blue button displayed blue .

I tested with an unmodified 3 button Sega Genesis controller. The B button displays a red stripe and the C button a green stripe. I have not done the modification that allows the A button to work. The only games I know of that use the A button are Hired Guns and ADoom. I would probably do the mod if there was more games that used it.

Page generated in 0.05031 seconds with 11 queries