I am pleased to announce version 2.0 of FS-UAE
, the multi-platform Amiga emulator for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD! FS-UAE 2.0 can be downloaded here
Notable changes since version 1.2 include:
- No need to edit config files any more! A user-friendly configuration frontend, FS-UAE Launcher, is included.
- Emulation core updated to WinUAE2.4.2beta1.
- Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Support OpenGL shaders for post-processing special effects.
- Added theming infrastructure. Downloadable themes are available.
- GUI translation for several languages (English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, and Serbian).
- Added keyboard emulation for CD32 gamepad.
- Support for hard drive images > 4GB.
- JIT compilation is now available on some platforms.
- Windows installer is now available, and the Windows version does no longer require any other software packages to be installed.
- Binaries are created for many more Linux distributions, and download repositories are available.
- FS-UAE now compiles and runs on Mac OS X 10.5 (both x86 and PPC) and FreeBSD.
- And many more changes (see the Changelog for details).
See the release notes
for more information about this release and a detailed list of changes. Also, many thanks to translators, contributors, and everyone who has been testing the development versions and reported bugs and issues!
Please post bug reports, if any, in support.FS-UAE
and not here