View Single Post
Old 17 October 2012, 01:42   #276

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
As far as I can see, cache is on as default and burst is not supported on the ACA620. But even without using acatune, it still fails the memory test.

I remember Jens writing somewhere that the EC020 should run relatively cool, thus not needing a heat sink. I might try putting a fan on it to see if it will remove the memory errors completely.

I do have another suspicion now though, my PSU. Using the floppy drive caused it to crash, so I took a look at my PSU and the +5V is actually at 4.75V even with easy loads. This was never a problem when the A600 was running stock speeds, but maybe the margin is too low now? The PSU is an old PC AT so it has plenty of power, but the regulation seems to be a bit off.
.25v isnt really a big deal, much more likely that the socket over the 68k isnt engaged as well as it needs to be and is causing the errors you are seeing - I'd remove it and then really push it down solidly.

PS, That said it wouldnt hurt to try a different PSU (even the stock 25w should be ok without an external drive attached).
Page generated in 0.05183 seconds with 9 queries