View Single Post
Old 09 October 2012, 18:40   #4
Mequa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
"Skin" is "nothing more" than parent window with WinUAE window as a borderless child window. WinUAE won't care about it.
I see, is this possible directly using QT or FLTK on Windows, or would hacks be needed?

I probably won't need more advanced Cloanto stuff for a while, but does the licence for that part of WinUAE code allow for usage in non-Cloanto software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
hi,

is there a 68k version of XAMOS already? I would integrate/add it in Aros Vision.
You just need a 68k buildchain. It requires SDL and OpenGL. Building for OS3 may be problematic as compiling XAMOS with GCC G++ 2.x seems to introduce some (as yet unidentified) bugs at runtime which crashes the program. AFAIK this is the highest version of GCC one can use to build in OS3/HUNK format. I would appreciate any contributed attempts to debug XAMOS for an OS3-compatible version of GCC (GCC-2.95.3 G++).

For AROS/68k ELF format, the ABIv1 is not yet stable (AFAIK), so XAMOS would most likely need to be rebuilt for AROS/x86 for each ABI change. It would be helpful to get a buildchain for AROS Vision though. I'm also wondering whether other AROS distro maintainers are interested in a build of XAMOS.

Anyway, back to WinUAE. It would technically be possible (but pointless) to emulate an AROS/68k version of XAMOS on XAMOS using WinUAE, however emulating AMOSPro and its accessories would make a lot more sense.

Last edited by Mequa; 13 November 2012 at 08:55. Reason: Specified GCC-2.95.3 G++ as debug target

Page generated in 0.04974 seconds with 11 queries