View Single Post
Old 02 October 2012, 23:30   #70
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Yes, but everything he's uploaded is alas still more recent than the era I'm thinking of. I'm heavily confident there were releases made before the '2000' moniker was added on. We'd have to track down James himself for more info.

Such a shame that the oldest backup that Archive have of the old ClassicGaming site is from February '99.... after James had already moved to EmuUnlim! And they don't have the downloads page from that period either. *sadface*
The earliest files I have are of the AIAB-2000-r4 archives. All AIAB distributions which pre-date these contain GIF code, 'ownership' of which was being claimed by CompuServe at that time, so these downloads were pulled, and that is why they cannot be found in web archives today.

Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
My earliest memory of using AIAB was back in '97/'98, back when the default wallpaper was that distinct green football pitch and the window borders were of a darker navy blue. It would be ever-so awesome indeed if someone here happened to still have backups of the archives from that far back (we're talking the "hosted on ClassicGaming" era, folks), but I'm not holding my breath.
I've certainly never seen the green football pitch wallpaper, so you're definitely talking about AIAB-r3 or earlier, and the only place they might be found is on someone's old hard drive...

Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I might have an old archive of AIAB, actually. Let me know if I can be of help.
(hmmm, no, I have an "aiab2000" file, dated 20 august 2000)
Could you possibly run that file (if it's an executable), or unpack it (if it's an archive) and let us know which version it is, please, mate? We're still missing AIAB-r5a from that era.
Page generated in 0.08658 seconds with 9 queries