View Single Post
Old 29 September 2012, 23:30   #14
Radertified

I've finally gotten around to playing with the emulator again.

As suggested, if you change the CPU speed from max to chipset, emulation speed will improve considerably.

For the Amiga -> CPU settings, my options are now:

Code:
CPU: 68000
Cycles: Normal
Cycles Option: Un-Locked
Speed: chipset
CPU to Chipset Ratio: 75%
With those settings, I played through Mad Professor Mariarti at close to full speed, with sound enabled. Other games I tried also seemed to work fine, although not all. Obviously the ratio is too high for certain games, such as Karate Kid II, so taking it down to 50% fixed that problem.

I'm happy with the emulation now. It's not perfect, but most things that I've tried are playable enough I'm looking forward to seeing the new version!

FOL: A couple of quick suggestions related to the UI. Whether or not they are implemented doesn't bother me, as I'm happy with the emulator as-is
- When scrolling through the list of ADFs, I use L1 and R1 to flick through them quickly. Have you considered making them Page Down and Page Up type buttons instead of a fast scroll?
- Ever thought about a favorites system for ADFs? ie. Find an ADF, click a button and have it added to a favorites screen so that I can easily flick back to that ADF without having to find it again.

Page generated in 0.07695 seconds with 9 queries