View Single Post
Old 27 September 2012, 00:08   #47
AMOS Extensions Developer
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
If anyone finds that AMOSPro comes up a little short of their requirements, I have written a few extensions to the language for my own personal use, so if there are any new commands anybody wants, I might be able to provide.

I'm currently working on some code for linked lists, which I was contemplating working into an AMOSPro extension. The lack of dynamic arrays was always a bit of a bind, as well as the only way to reserve memory being by using memory banks, which are limited in number.

I have written my own AMOSPro extension too, though it was largely as practice for me to learn ASM (this was back around 2009, IIRC). Don't forget to make sure the commands compile into an executable. I have several extension which work wonders in the editor, but because they messed up the end of the extension (e.g. error message code) it crashes the compiler and/or executable!
Whilst I'm no pro coder (in AMOS or ASM), I'd be happy to lend a hand if needed

Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
Unfortunately that isn't really possible to do in an extension. You can't write new program flow statements. At least, there's no documented way to do it as far as I know.
I agree. I don't have any documentation on how to do that, and if it was to be done I suspect it would require rewriting the AMOSPro.lib (special extension) as the first few "commands" in that are actually related to the editor syntax!

Regarding game ideas, I wouldn't recommend sticking any original ideas online anywhere. I have seen plenty of ideas being mentioned online and then being used by some unrelated company.

Sounds like this thread may have kickstarted some people into making more games

Last edited by Lonewolf10; 27 September 2012 at 00:14. Reason: Added reply to Mrs Beanbags last post
Page generated in 0.05449 seconds with 9 queries