^Sounds very interesting Djay, would be cool to see a new Amiga product in any shape or form
Maybe if you can generate enough interest it can become reality!
Whilst folks are sharing their ideas...here's the design brief I was working to, way out of my current abilities but I can dream...
A non linear sandbox text/graphic adventure, set in the first person view Based on the Skyrim universe.
* Simple RPG stats system which covers, EXP, Health, Armour rating, Magic etc.
* The player is able to explore the world without the fear of screwing up the game, if a certain item is required for progression the player should Always have the opportunity to return and acquire that item.
* The game world it's self would have a day and night cycle, this would Affect what time certain buildings are open or closed, shops and taverns Etc.
* An inventory system similar to Core Designs "Darkmere", a player can Examine a chest and see its contents displayed via an overlay, items could Then be individually taken and stored.
* To add variety to gameplay there could be several mini games, these games If completed successfully could level the character up.
* A versatile text parser which supports all the common text commands, North, East, Examine, Sleep, Talk about.. Etc.
* Dynamic music and ambient sound tracks that change depending on players location (Similar to Chaos Engine and Shadow Of The Beast)
* One main quest which is story driven and additional optional side quests for score and XP.